X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to select a best hosting company

How can we select best hosting company?. Price relaibility, up time, service .. what else

Visit hosting review sites, choose the one you like, look for reviews in the internet, try to contact.

Comment

Always it is better to go with a well known company. Every one oversells, but dont get excited by the huge bandwidth and space offered. You may not need even a small percentage of it!

Checkout the reputation of the companies in the forums, check the PHP configuration and limitations(.htaccess allowed? safe mode on ?) and ask the support if you have any questions.

Comment

Try to find some articles to read
        http://www.webhostingchat.com/forum/...ed=1#post51094

Comment

If your running a business on the web, quality really matters. Stay away from the massively oversold hosts. Those that offer seemingly unreal amounts of storage and/or bandwidth or even unlimited. If it is just for a personal site, then it doesn't really matter as much. The bottom line is you really get what you pay for. I'd much rather spend $15-20/mo for hosting on a tier 1 network, with quality hardware throughout than to spend $2/mo for hosting on lower quality bandwidth and lower quality hardware. In the grand scheme of things, the extra $13-$18/mo you will spend for reliability and performance are worth their weight.

Look into who provides their bandwidth and make sure no cheap bandwidth providers are being used. The last thing you want is high latency and dropped packets. Check out the type of equipment they run, if it is from a well known vendor like supermicro, IBM, HP, Dell, or if they are just piecing together boxes. See if you can find out if they are actually using servers or just a myriad of desktop/workstation quality boxes. Overall, it really does matter when it comes to equipment longevity and reliability.

Comment

I think that first of all all tips must be learned. Then you must decide which ones are more important for you and then you can chose them and go with them while looking for new web host.

Comment

Hi shakir,

Checking out the competition is a great way to narrow down the list of hosting companys that are a good fit for your company. This can be done by performing a simple whois on a competitor's domain or tracert-ing their domain. As far as review sites, like Top Ten Web Hosting Companies - WebHostingMadness, these sites are good for finding deals on low cost hosting and getting some actual user feedback. Some sites like this however don't always have an unbiased opinion, so take the information for what it is worth.

Comment

fortressjosh, that is almost 1 year old thread and I think that Open poster have already found what he was looking for.

Comment

hey, its very difficult to search a good webhosting site. but 3 days ago, i found a site which is free and hosts php,mysql and other stufffs too. even if you want advanced hosting you can pay there. i am accessing a free version there and it almost fulfills all the things with no advertisement at all. so same like me, you can use it free to test and register with payment later to get a good website.
                  you can click here: Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads for getting into direct link to the page containing all the main features.

Comment

free webhosting

hey, its very difficult to search a good webhosting site. but 3 days ago, i found a site which is free and hosts php,mysql and other stufffs too. even if you want advanced hosting you can pay there. i am accessing a free version there and it almost fulfills all the things with no advertisement at all. so same like me, you can use it free to test and register with payment later to get a good website.
                    you can click here: Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads for getting into direct link to the page containing all the main features.

Comment

The economy is weak so everybody's tightening the belt a bit more. But a tight budget should not stop a new business to be born. Just be a little bit more cautious and patient. Do a search for web hosting services more extensively. Make a list of all your finds and compare each to one another. Start with the features included and end with the prices. Always look for the magic phrase: "one-time fee." The shortest plan for webhosting services is 3 months so choose yours wisely. Thank you.

Comment

more and more over the past year i have seen more and more kids running on master reseller accounts selling their services dirt cheap to make up an extra few dollars pocket money unfortunately they not only do not have the foggiest how to run a webhosting company but they tarnish things for the rest of us people intending to make the hosting scene our business so these above all are the ones you should take a wide birth from try and speak to them through live support or in a messenger of some sort you can generally pick up on wether they are a youngster or not by the way they speak and come accross me personally i would say look for a mid range host that offers good support and a fair price

Comment

Pay attention to the tuts and feedbacks on the forums.

Comment

Hello

Try to find reviews and search on google for company feedback to track the best in the business

Comment

Hello

Try to find reviews and search on google for company feedback to track the best in the business

Comment

Working...
                              X

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting