X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are questions?

What are questions you as rule ask web hosting company before sign up?
    Can you share them here please?

The questions which are worth asking are:
    1) The type of servers your account is going to be hosted on and the number of accounts on the server;
    2) The type of panel installed and possible tuts on using it;
    3) Is ssh access given on request?
    4) Check possible restrictions on the type of content placed;
    5) Is there any limitations on the number of simultaneous MySQL connections;
    6) Check your host's abuse policy, that's very essential, my hosting provider Ahosting.biz keeps this included into their Legal docs
    http://www.ahosting.biz/legal/rap.html
    I hope this will be helpful.

Comment

Not all the companies offer Resource Abuse Policy, that's really good of your host to offer this to let clients know before they sign how much of server resources they could expect to use.

I'm wondering how many simultaneous MySQL connections are allowed by ahosting.biz on their shared plans?

Comment

I will definitely ask about existing hosting plans and what a monthly price for them is. Then I will put forward a question concerning additional means (domain name control panel, FTP, Shell access, PHP, MySQL, cron, backup). And after that, of course, I will inquire about package includes that is disk space, bandwidth, mailboxes POP3, total domains and subdomains and databases. And if my memory doesn`t fail me))), I will also get to know if there is a discount for buying domain name, when you are already using hosting company`s service.

Comment

One question that doesn't typically get asked prior to purchasing hosting is: Are prices subject to price increases?

In recent years, I've seen a few hosts who decided to increase pricing on their existing customers - for various reasons. This does not usually work out good for the host and puts the customer in a bad position for having to either eat the price hike or move to another web host. To avoid any problems, look for a web host who offers a price freeze guarantee.
          Last edited by FindMyHost; 07-22-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

You need an algorithm for choosing the right web host.
            This is an important decision and you donít want to charge in blindly.
            You should notice the possession of fully redundant data centers.
            Hosting plans and prices for them.
            Stability
            Flexibility
            Etc.

Comment

My biggest thing is back end support and uptime.
              Most Hosts these days are running 99.9% uptime so the back end support is my main issue. The other stuff you can generally find out on their landing pages

Comment

Top 5 Questions mostly asked when signing up with us:

1. Can I review your SLA ?
                2. What are your Network uplinks ?
                3. Is the support 24/7/365 ?
                4. How long for hardware replacement in case of failure ?
                5. How long have you been in business

That should give you a very good idea of the company you are dealing with.

Comment

hmm, I will read what others recommend. Especially if it is referred from a friend of mine

Comment

Here are some qualities that you should look while choosing a hosting provider :-

1) Their server uptime Guarantee.
                    2) Last 1 years uptime report. Have their servers gone offline, if yes the reason for the same and the time required to bring them online ?
                    3) The level of support they offer, different medium through which support is provided and do they provide support 24X7.

If the hosting provider has all these qualities, than you can definitely say that the hosting provider is good and reliable to go with.

Comment

Agree with Josh-A

Comment

To me, the most important questions to ask are always about a datacenter's connectivity and infrastructure.

Comment

I would ask about their uptime guarantee, their level of customer support, whether they are fully managed or self managed, and I'd make sure to read through their Terms and Conditions, abuse policies, SLA etc. I would also ask if they had any current specials on their pricing.

Comment

I often ask about the server location , availability of technical support , up time etc guarantee,

Comment

Originally posted by ~Vex View Post
                              What are questions you as rule ask web hosting company before sign up?
                              Can you share them here please?
                              Hi,

You should ask following things:
                              1) The type of servers
                              2) The type of panel
                              3) About their server uptime guarantee
                              4) Check possible restrictions on the type of content placed;
                              5) Is there any limitations on the number of simultaneous MySQL connections;
                              6) Check your host's abuse policy
                              7) Ask about their customer support service

Comment

Working...
                              X

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting