X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to host my website?

i have a small business of catering. i want my own website but one of my friend told me you will have to host your site too. i dont have any idea about this. can you help me??

Here is a little article that hopefully will point you in the right direction.
    Web Host Magazine | Your First Web Site

Comment

The process is pretty easy. You sign up for a hosting package, create a website, and then upload it. =) if you need more help in this area just ask.

Comment

Choosing a web host is a necessary step to make your website live and gain online presence. You must choose a web hosting plan according to your website requirements. There are several things you need to consider when choosing a reliable company. Among them the 99.95% network uptime guarantee, 24/7 customer support and free daily backups are the most important factors to consider.

Comment

I recommend you go with a well known and professional company for your first host. You need to buy a domain, I recommend namecheap.com for them, but there's a lot of places to get em, then after you buy your domain you need to buy a web host. I recommend Hostgator, as they have real 24/7 support so you can get help for every little thing, their community forum is also active and their packages are really nice. The domain will be around 9/10 a year, and hosting around 7-10 a month, so after you get that, login to your hosting account, looking for the add domain button in cpanel, add whatever domain you purchased, then go login to your domain registrar site and set nameserver1 and nameserver2 to your hosts nameservers. After it propagates(can take up to 48 hours, but is usually a few minutes) your domain will now point to your web hosting account and you can upload your site via FTP, or install things like wordpress etc...through cpanel. Not to mention make email accounts, ftp, and database accounts; whatever you need. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ryzeup45 View Post
            i have a small business of catering. i want my own website but one of my friend told me you will have to host your site too. i dont have any idea about this. can you help me??
            I don't understand what your friend said. First of all you need a domain name and then a hosting account. There are several hosting companies. I would suggest Hostgator.com, very popular noadays and affordable too! If you have more questions feel free to ask!

Comment

I want to second the vote for HostGator. They do a good job all around. Do you have any specific hosting needs? Like Apache configuration?

Look at their review here: HostGator Review & Rating

Comment

If you are a total newbie and doesn't understand the basics of hosting, obviously you will need professional help to create a website and set it up for you. You must find a friendly wed designer and get him set it up for you.

You can do mosy things DIY, but will need professional help to create a good looking site. If you cant find anyone locally, checkout Elance.

Comment

you should choose mytruehost for hosting....

Comment

I agree with all the posts, in others you can find instructions on how to do what you want, but if IT is not your stronger side, better to let someone who understands the IT.

Comment

for small websites you can find great cPanel hosting plans from only EUR 1.99 /mo.

Comment

id usggest a company that will actually assist you

I would bever suggest the bigger companies to someone for their first host, that will most likely lead to a bad experience for the new person to this as the larger the company usually the worse the support is. Or they will offer good support "for a price"

I would suggest ZX Servers, smaller company but over 20 years experience in web solutions. The owser himself will help people new to this and get them situated right without cleaning their bank accounts out due to the new person;s lack of knowledge.

If need help let me know Id be more then happy to get you set with what you only NEED and assist you on your new online enterprise. We have solutions for every level of user, from one page website owners to full business infrastructure setup.

But if not do yourself a favor and ask questions first, there is a TON of bad hosts out there right now, I have tested dozens and wasn;t very happy with any of them at the hosting level which is why I started a new hosting business myself, to put my 22 years experience back in action and help people get situated in any or all of their online adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by ryzeup45 View Post
                          Hi,

The process is very simple.

1. Book the domain from http://plan.web247.co.in
                          2. select the Hosting package during the signup and domain registration
                          3. buy it from your debit or credit card
                          4. Then everything for ex: to live your domain will be setup by the company called Web24x7 services.
                          5. you will be sent Server Cpanel in which you can use Free Website Builder and Design your Website yourself from the lots of categories there. For ex: catering
                          6. also your can buy premium and paid Web Builder alongwith hosting package from the url : http://plan.web247.co.in/website-design/index.php

Thanking you

JATIN MAKWANA

Comment

There are so many hosting companies out there. I advise to check them out. Talk to the sales team and ask questions.

Comment

I can only assume you've found a host by now. Are you pleased with both your site, Internet marketing, and host?

Comment

Working...
                              X

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting