Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is it better to start your own hosting company or become a reseller? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to start your own hosting company or become a reseller?

Hi guys! Could you share your ideas? Is it better to start your own hosting company or become a reseller first?

Start your own better experience than becoming a reseller of a host and offering their services. Trust me you"ll make the profit faster its harder but better.

Comment

I disagree with Root, because the first thing you are to do is to get experience as much as possible. I think that reselling gives you excellent knowledge about online business. If you are not experienced in it, you will fail to succeed in that all kind of business.

Comment

No doubt, you should join some affiliate program for the first three or five month. Then you may start reselling and after that when you will already be experienced webmaster, you may start your own company.

Comment

re

I would get a reseller hosting account, and find a nice website template to get started with and progress from there.

Comment

Reseller hosting is the best way to get started and it really depends on your budget as to how you want to go about this. My suggestion would be to find a reputable datacenter (make sure that it is a datacenter, that is owned by the host you're reselling from), design a simple website with a simple billing system, and focus your energies on the market and marketing!

Comment

If you are sure that you have got broadened knowledge and experience in webhosting, maybe you may start your own hosting company.

However, if you feel that you are still lack in two of them, unsure, and are just about to start from scratch, the best option is being a reseller from a good hosting company to gain and learn more. When the time has come, you can start your own hosting company

Comment

G4br13lle-HD, that is really wise concern. I'm pretty sure that is the common one

Comment

if you have experience on webhosting then it will be good you use your own if not than start from reseller

Peace

Comment

As others have said I think reseller is the way to go at first if you are not experienced. There are just too many things that can go wrong and cause you to lose customers if you do not have the tech experience needed.

Comment

I suggest you to start a reseller program for first year, then start your own

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                        Hi guys! Could you share your ideas? Is it better to start your own hosting company or become a reseller first?
                        I'll share what I just read. Web.com and Rackspace lost a lot of money in just one month. The figures are in millions so it's better to have second thoughts on any hosting ideas. Wait for at least another month.

Comment

Definitely start your own business

Comment

I suggest using a VPS plan with WHM instead of a basic reseller plan so you have more control over account configurations.

Andrew

Comment

Short answer is YES, Long one is you need to know what you are doing, i mean as many said here you need to widen your knowledge and know in which areas to invest your time to manage your business later on. So YES do your own business.

Comment

Working...
                              X

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting