Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host.co.in
    started a topic Do not forget to backup the website

Do not forget to backup the website

Wanted to tell you a little story that happened to me recently. Here is a case happened.

It was necessary to move one site from one host to another. And so I did, as usual made a backup of site, saved to the computer and then deleted from hosting provider. Filled to the new hosting and started unpacking to set up. Archive not unpacked wrote that accidents. Tried on the local machine to extract the archive, the same thing happened.

And this is the result remained without archive site, appealed to the support, they said once a week is a backup, see your be. Quickly rushed to the panel to restore and nothing too out error. Looked turned archiving is not performed because there was little on the hosting space.

Had to collect site on a new hosting bit by bit, found a pattern in the archives of broken archive ripped base of the site with the latest pictures. Had, only a little photos to articles and tweak a couple of options, the result 's earned.

As a result, little can be said of my untidiness. I lost two days, one day I went to the archive and search setting. A second day spent restoring and pouring the new pictures to the site.

So my advice is to back up once a month, save it to your computer or online in cloud. And when you move to a new hosting service(The way I did while switching to ESDS Software Solution India), do not rush to remove the site of the old hosting, first configure all the new and then remove.

• AKshay_M
    replied
    By logging into your back end panel of website. And check the option says “website backup” click on it and saved your work in the desired folder.

Leave a comment:

• cwvps
    replied
    That is quite an experience. I didn't think about it a lot, so your story really helps.

Leave a comment:

• King-Servers
    replied
    Originally posted by Host.co.in View Post

So my advice is to back up once a month, save it to your computer or online in cloud. And when you move to a new hosting service(The way I did while switching to ESDS Software Solution India), do not rush to remove the site of the old hosting, first configure all the new and then remove.
    Isn't Host.co.in part of ESDS Software company? Why would you switch to your own company?

Leave a comment:

• JPC-Sabrina
    replied
    It is extremely important to backup your website by multiple means. Most web hosts offer daily backups but in this case many readers can see why it is of the utmost importance to have multiple backup copies of your site files and databases.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
>

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting