X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you trust free hosting

So that's the question, do you trust free hosting?

I don't trust it.

Comment

I never believe and recommend free hosting because it has a lot of disadvantages
      Followings are some major disadvantages of Free we host.
      # Can't add interactive features (chat rooms, message boards, games, online ordering etc.).
      # Your visitors may doubt your credibility.
      # Long and hard-to-remember web address (instead of yourdomain.com).
      # No branded emails addresses (you@yourdomain.com).
      # May not be free forever.
      # Limited web page space.
      # Search engines often ignore them A HUGE disadvantage!
      # May have banners and/or pop ads on your homepage and/or all of your pages.
      # No guarantees of site availability and longevity.
      # Poor help and support options (if any).

Comment

I used it for fun.

Comment

there is alway risk on free hosting. it depend on how lucky you are

Comment

Nope, free Hosting can never be trusted. If you have a personal website like a blog then you can opt for Free Hosting but if its a E-commerce website or a forum then a Free Host can't be trusted.

Comment

There is a new company I came across called that offer free hosting and it is pretty good. There are no ads, you can use your own domain. They offer a free package and a paid package. The only difference is that the free one is 50GB where the paid one is unlimited. And online support only. Oh, and the paid one costs $39 PY :-)

Apart from that it's unlimited bandwidth, emails, databases. You get Cpanel, Fantastico, sitebuilder, etc, etc, etc.

I would trust them absolutely because they using Rackspace for their infrastructure (Google Rackspace and you will see what I mean). Their strategy is similar to Dropbox or Google or Live. They offer free hosting and make money off add ons like SSLs etc.

Comment

Really good free hosting.

There is a new company I came across called ingenyes.com that offer free hosting and it is pretty good. There are no ads, you can use your own domain. They offer a free package and a paid package. The only difference is that the free one is 50GB where the paid one is unlimited. And the free one is online support only. Oh, and the paid one costs $39 PY :-)

Apart from that it's unlimited bandwidth, emails, databases. You get Cpanel, Fantastico, sitebuilder, etc, etc, etc.

I would trust them absolutely because they are using Rackspace for their infrastructure (Google Rackspace and you will see what I mean). Their strategy is similar to Dropbox or Google or Live. They offer free hosting and make money off add ons like SSLs etc.

If any one else uses them let me know if you have any problems. So far there have been no glitches.

Comment

Its better to opt for a reasonable paid host rather than the free hosts. The problem with opting for a free host is that most of the times there are stipulations like you have to advertise their site on your website or something else.. plus from support point of view if you opt for a paid host, you get the guarantee of suport, accessibility of the files, backups, uptime guarantee etc

Comment

How can anyone trust free hosting?

Comment

Not at all. For this I would like to say Its just a waste of time.

Comment

Re:

I prefer paying and being sure myself, freebies hide crappy stuff or conditions most of the time, i know some are probably serious, but compared to the others they aren't many.

Comment

Free hosting can be trusted though it gives a lot of catch like limited use of userCP, full ads keep on popping-up and a lot more. All of it are pretty annoying for both you and your visitors.

Comment

There will always be a place for it but soon as you need a module or something for your site you will see the difference.

Comment

Re: do you trust free hosting

Hi,

I never trust on free hosting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

FindMyHost, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting